Tertiary means after secondary, which can involve study at university or TAFE.

You can apply for university and VET courses through SATAC.

Applications usually open in early August for study starting in the following year.

Undergraduate study usually refers to study at bachelor degree level. It can also refer to associate degrees and higher education diplomas.

If you’re currently completing Year 12 then this is likely to be the first time you will study at undergraduate level.

An undergraduate student is someone who has not yet received their first degree. It is possible to complete more than one undergraduate degree though.

SATAC provides an application process for undergraduate courses offered by universities and higher education providers in South Australia and the Northern Territory.

VET stands for vocational education and training. VET courses focus on providing skills for work.

VET courses include qualifications at certificate, diploma and advanced diploma level from a TAFE or registered training organisation (RTO).

You might also complete VET study as part of your SACE or NTCET. Your VET study might count towards the flexible option in your ATAR calculation (see page 9).

You can apply for VET courses offered by TAFE SA through SATAC.

TAFE SA is the largest VET provider in South Australia, and one of the largest in Australia.

Undergraduate entry

Information for school students

Learn more

Adjustment factors

University adjustment factor schemes

Learn more

TAFE SA entry

Information for school students

Find out more